Garbage Disposal Repair and Replacement
Garbage disposals can be a convenient way of getting rid of waste that you don’t want stinking up your trash can … until they stop working. That stench can then shift from the can to your sink. There can be different issues as to why your garbage disposal has stopped working. Whatever the reason, All Clear Plumbing’s crews have the expertise to get the job done.
- Clogging: Depositing unwanted leftovers in the disposal and flipping the switch to get rid of them is an easy task. It’s so simple that it’s easy to throw anything down there without giving it a second thought. Over time though, disposals can be clogged. Not running enough water while the disposal is running can be a cause of this, as certain food particles put in there.
- Overheating: If you load the disposal, run water and turn on the disposal without hearing anything, it’s likely overheated. Overheating can be a result of overfilling or running the disposal for a lengthy period of time. When overheating occurs, a disposal can shut down automatically.
- Jamming: If you turn on the disposal and hear the motor running but nothing else is happening, there’s a good chance it’s jammed. There’s actually a distinctive hum when it’s jammed. Jamming occurs when something has fallen down the drain that’s not supposed to be there, stopping the turntable blades of the disposal from turning.
Proper disposal maintenance
One of the best ways to try to ensure your garbage disposal remains in good working order is to be mindful of what you put in it. Never try to grind
Likewise, never deposit glass, rubber or metals. Something as simple as accidentally dropping a plastic bottle cap can cause a jam. Be sure to never overfill it and always run cold water while in use. Drain strainers can also help prevent clogs. Lastly, just like we stress with all plumbing fixtures, never use chemical drain cleaners to try to unclog it.
No matter how well maintained your disposal is, just like any other appliance it will likely die someday. Disposals have a life expectancy of 8-15 years. If you’re in need of a new disposal, All Clear Plumbing’s experienced staff can handle the entire task. We can acquire, deliver and install the new unit to have you back up and running in no time.
Safety and DIY tips
One DIY secret that some may not realize is that there’s a reset button under most disposals that can sometimes cure what’s ailing it. Especially in overheating situations, a gentle push of the red reset button – and/or flipping the disposal switch in your circuit box – could solve the problem.
The biggest safety tip when it comes to disposals is to never put your hand down the drain to try to dislodge something. Remember, there are sharp razors down there.
Don’t put your fingers at risk. Use them to call All Clear Plumbing instead! Whatever your disposal issue is, our staff has the experience to fix it.
Major Plumbing Co's
- Stacked Flat Rate Pricing
- Commissioned Salesman or Technicians
- Maximize Every Customer Interaction via Upselling
- Fast-Tracked Training
- Licensing Considered Unnecessary and Often Discouraged
- Focus on Franchising to Grow Business
- Absentee Ownership
The All Clear Way
- Value Based Pricing
- Hourly Paid Employees
- Focus on Retained Customer Relationships
- Four Year, US Dept of Labor Certified Apprentice Training
- Licensing Encouraged, Minimum of 10 Years Experience
- Focus on our Community to Grow Business
- Work in Our Business Everyday
Call a Plumber You Can Trust
Our family-run business believes in high quality workmanship, fair pricing, and transparent business practices. Our number one priority is taking care of your property as if it were our own. Our second priority? Keeping our promises to you, the customer.
The Clear Choice for Plumbing Repairs & Drain Cleaning in the Upstate is All Clear Plumbing.